Never Get Taken Advantage Of
Aggressive Protection for Over 20 Years

Home Can I Still Get a Divorce if I Can’t Find my Spouse?

Can I Still Get a Divorce if I Can’t Find my Spouse?



As the best divorce lawyers in Mesa AZ we often get asked, “can I still get a divorce if I can’t find my spouse?” This is something that comes up from time to time and the answer is: yes you can. The problem is you’ve got to be able to serve them with the divorce papers. There’s usually a couple of ways that you can accomplish that. First, you can hire a private investigator to do a search for them and if you can find them through the investigator, they can be served with the divorce papers and then the divorce can proceed. Second, if you can’t find them with an investigator, you can file a motion with the court asking the court to allow you to serve through an alternative method of service. Most commonly, you’re going to publish the divorce papers in a newspaper for a period of time, and the courts will consider that service under the rules of procedure. And then your divorce can proceed.

For more videos answering common divorce with kids questions click here.

For more videos answering common divorce without kids questions click here.

Jensen Family Law in Mesa
3740 E Southern Ave #210,
Mesa, AZ 85206
(480) 999-2321


Jensen Family Law in Mesa is located on 3740 E Southern Ave Suite 210, 85206 Mesa, Arizona. From Phoenix Sky Harbor International Airport (PHX), Take S 41st St to E Sky Harbor Blvd, then Head west on E Sky Harbor Blvd and Use the left lane to take the exit toward S 41st St. Then Turn right onto S 41st St. After that, Continue straight to stay on S 41st St, then Take AZ-202 Loop E, AZ-101 Loop S and US-60 E to S Val Vista Dr in Mesa. Take exit 184 from US-60 E after that Merge onto E Sky Harbor Blvd, then Use the left 2 lanes to merge onto AZ-202 Loop E toward Tempe/Mesa and Use the right 3 lanes to take exit 9 to Merge onto AZ-101 Loop S. After that, Use the right 2 lanes to take exit 55A-B to merge onto US-60 E toward Globe, then Take exit 184 for Val Vista Dr. Then Continue on S Val Vista Dr to your destination and Turn left onto S Val Vista Dr. Turn right onto E Southern Ave, then Turn left and Destination will be on the right.

We’re open 9AM – 5PM Monday – Friday and we are closed on Saturday and Sunday.

For additional questions you can call us at (480) 999-2321 ro you can find us on Yelp.